The Waltzing Matilda Hotel is easy to access for travellers being conveniently located on the corner of Heatherton and Springvale Roads, and is approximately 30 minutes from the heart of Melbourne City. Our accommodation features modest, basic, comfortable rooms mostly fitted with a queen and single bed. Choose from our Double or Family rooms.
Our rooms offer basic facilities suitable for short terms stays. The rooms all feature air conditioning, ensuite, bar fridge, TV and tea/coffee facilities.
All our guests enjoy the convenience of on-site parking along with the use of our Hotel's restaurant, bar and function facilities. It’s easy for guests to enjoy our relaxed environment.
Book Your Accommodation
- 03 9546 1333
|Mon - Fri||9am - 4pm|
- Check in: 2pm
- Check Out: 10am
- All guests must produce a valid photo ID and a pre authorisation will be performed on a valid credit card at check-in.
- Early check in by appointment (charges apply).
- Check-in time is subject to room accessibility.
- Check-in is only available outside of reception hours with a manager on duty until the hotel closes at 11pm.
- Free WIFI available throughout the Hotel
- Lounge / Bar
- Conference / Meeting room
- On-site parking
- Interconnecting rooms
- Housekeeper Service daily
- In-room heating
- Tea / Coffee making
- TV / Fox Sports
- Ensuite - shower over bath
- Breakfast box (extra charge)
- Opening windows
- Non- smoking only
Things to do
The Waltzing Matilda Hotel offers plenty of local attractions for guests including outdoor and family and entertainment facilities. All are easily accessible with a number of good parks and reserves close by.
- Lysterfield Park (24 mins) offers a range of recreational activities including mountain bike trails, canoeing, sailing, paddle boating and surf skiing as well as walking tracks.
- Morrabbin Airport (12 mins)
- Sandown Raceway Motor Racing Circuit (8 mins)
- Springvale Plaza (7 mins)
- Sandown Park Greyhound Track (5 mins)
- Local Parks are suitable for a range of family outdoor activities and include bbq facilites, playgrounds and walking/jogging tracks: Burden Park (5 mins), Heatherton Park (5 mins), Warner Reserve (6 mins)
With an approximate drive time of 30 minutes from Melbourne's city centre the Waltzing Matilda is a suitable destination for guests wanting to explore the south eastern highlights of Melbourne. Heading from the centre of Melbourne follow Collins St and Batman Ave to M1.
- Follow M1 to Blackburn Rd/State Route 13. Take the Route 13/Blackburn Rd exit from M1 Slight right onto Blackburn Rd/State Route 13
- Turn left onto Princes Highway
- Turn right onto Westall Rd/State Route 49
- Turn left onto Heatherton Rd/State Route 14
- The Hotel will be on the right.